Indian Air Force Recruitment 2019:- Indian Air Force invites application from Unmarried Male Indian/ Nepalese Citizens to join as Outstanding Sportsmen in Group ‘Y’ (Non-Technical Trades). Eligible candidates can submit their application on or before 01-11-2019.
Post Name:- Airmen Group Y (Sportsmen)
- No of posts:- Not mentioned.
- Sports Disciplines
(a) Athletics (b) Basketball (c) Boxing (d) Cricket (e) Cycle Polo (f) Cycling (g) Football (h) Golf (j) Gymnastics (k) Hockey (l) Kabaddi (m) Lawn Tennis (n) Shooting (o) Squash (p) Swimming (Swimming & Diving) (q) Volleyball (r) Water Polo (s) Weight Lifting (t) Wrestling
- Age limit:- Candidates should be born between 19 Jan 1999 to 01 Jan 2003 (both days inclusive). The upper age limit of the date of enrolment is 21 years.
- Salary:- During training, a stipend of Rs. 14,600- per month shall be paid. On completion of training, the starting gross emoluments at the minimum of scale of pay including Military Service Pay (MSP) shall be Rs. 26,900- per month plus other allowances.
- Educational Qualification:- Passed Intermediate / 10+2 / Class XII / Equivalent Examination in any stream / subjects approved by Central/State Boards of education. Education Boards listed in the Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE) website as members, as on the last date of submission of application, shall only be permitted.
Essential Sports Achievement
- An individual should have represented the country in Junior /Senior International meets in any of the above-mentioned sports disciplines. The current achievement would be given preference during selection trials.
- The individual should have attained the minimum standard of fifth place in the Junior National Championship, represented the State/Units in Senior National Championships or Inter University Championship in above mentioned sports discipline. The current achievement would be given preference during selection trials.
- In team events, the individual should have represented the state in the Junior National Championship and National School Tournament conducted by the School Games Federation of India (SGFI) in the above mentioned sports discipline. The current achievement would be given preference during selection trials.
- For Cricket: Only those Individuals to apply who have played BCCI Trophies – U-19, U-23, Ranji Trophy, Dilip Trophy, Deodhar Trophy or higher participation.
- For Shooting: Only those Individuals to apply who have attained the minimum National Ranking up to 20th (NSCC) or International Participation/ Medal.
How to apply for Indian Air Force Recruitment 2019 Sports Quota
Application Form should be on A4 size paper only in the prescribed format given at the end of the advertisement. Non-standard application forms will be rejected. The following are to be sent along with the application:-
- Three copies of unattested recent (taken not more than one month before, from the date of publishing of the advertisement) passport size colour photograph (front portrait without headgear except for Sikhs), one of which is to be pasted on the application form and the other two are to be stapled to the top left corner of the application form. The photograph is to be taken with the candidate holding a black slate in front of his chest with his name, date of birth and date of photograph clearly written on it with white chalk in capital letters. Photographs should be only on good quality “Photo Paper”.
- Attested copies of Matriculation Certificate in support of Date of Birth. Attested copies of Marks Sheet & Certificate of Educational Qualification along with attested copies of Sports achievement certificates.
- One unstamped self-addressed 24cm x 10 cm white envelope of good quality, stapled/pinned with the application form.
The envelope containing the application form should be marked on top as- OUTSTANDING SPORTSMEN FOR GROUP ‘Y’ TRADES SPORTS DISCIPLINE APPLIED FOR______________,
AIR FORCE SPORTS CONTROL BOARD
C/O AIR FORCE STATION NEW DELHIRACE COURSE, NEW DELHI- 110003
Application duly completed in all respects must reach Air Force Sports Control Board by ordinary post only within 21 days from date of publishing of advertisement in Employment News (Published on 11-10-2019, i.e. the last date is 1 November 2019). Application received after due date shall not be entertained. Application sent by registered/speed post/courier will not be accepted.
The Selection Trials for Recruitment of Outstanding Sportsmen in Group ‘Y’ (Non-Technical Trades) will be held at New Willingdon Camp, Air Force Station New Delhi, Lok Kalyan Marg, New Delhi – 110003, from 18 November 2019 to 23 November 2019 at 0700 hrs (07:00 AM) and Sports Specific trials in Delhi and NCR.
For more details and application format, please check the