LIC Scholarship 2019:- LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation has announced bellow mentioned Scholarship schemes on All India basis for students of economically weaker families. The last date for submitting online application is 24.12.2019.
1. Regular Scholarships Scheme
- No of Scholarship:- 20 no’s (10 each for boys and girls) per Divisional Centre of LIC
- Duration:- Scholarship shall be provided for the entire duration of the course for Regular Scholars.
- Eligible criteria:-All candidates who have passed the Class XII exam (or its equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2018-19 and pursuing higher education in the following fields are eligible.
(a) Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Diploma Course in any field.
(b) Vocational Course through Government Recognized Colleges/ Institutes or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
2. Special Scholarships for Girl Child
- No of Scholarship:- 10 no’s per Divisional Centre of LIC
- Duration:- 2 years.
- Eligible criteria:- Girl Child pursuing higher studies in 10+2 pattern for two years. The candidate who has passed the Class X exam (or its equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2018-19 are eligible.
Rate of Scholarship
- An amount of Rs. 20,000/- per annum will be awarded to the selected Regular Scholar and shall be payable in three Quarterly installments.
- An amount of Rs. 10,000/- per annum will be awarded for selected Special Girl Child pursuing studies in the 10 + 2 Course and scholarship shall be payable in three quarterly installments.
- The Scholarship amount will be transferred to the Bank Account of the selected scholar through NEFT.
Other Eligibility Criteria for LIC Scholarship
- The scholarship shall be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum.
- The selection of LIC Scholar will be on the basis of merit and family background such as the percentage of marks in class 12th /10th and annual income of the family. Eligible Students having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order.
- The candidate should secure more than 55%marks in professional streams and 50% marks in graduation courses in Arts/ Science/ Commerce or equivalent grade in the previous final examination of the course for which scholarship is awarded, failing which the scholarship will be discontinued.
How to apply for LIC Scholarship 2019
Eligible candidates can apply online through LIC official website www.licindia.in. The last date for submission of online application is 24.12.2019.
Once the online application is submitted, the candidate will get acknowledgment at the email ID provided by him in his online application. Further correspondence will be made by the Divisional Office which is mentioned in the acknowledgment mail.
For more details, please check the