There is no other option like family for the healthy and balanced development of children. However, due to some adverse circumstances, it is not possible for orphaned children to grow up in their natural family, thus raising the option in their children’s institutions. According to the sociological point of view, the institution can only be considered a last resort for the child. Thus, the Government has initiated the implementation of foster parents with a view to ensuring that their destitute orphan children are raised in an alternative environment rather than being raised in an institutional environment so that they can have a healthy and balanced development.
Name of the scheme: – Foster parent plan
Eligibility Criteria: – Under this scheme, all orphan children between the ages of 3 to 6 years living in Gujarat, whose parents do not exist, will be eligible to benefit. The child whose father has died and the mother is remarried will have to submit the marriage certificate of the mother remarrying.
Rate of Assistance: Parents or close relatives who are caring for orphaned children will be paid monthly assistance of Rs.
Income limit: Annual income of the foster parents is to be more than Rs.1,3 in the rural area and Rs.1,3 in the urban area.
Terms of the plan
- The beneficiaries raised by the foster parents will be required to place children between the ages of 4 to 8 years in Anganwadi and must provide compulsory schooling to children older than 6 years. If the child’s study is stopped, the support will be stopped.
- A certificate of the Program Officer regarding ICDS (Integrated Child Development Scheme) for children going to Anganwadi and the Principal of the school concerned for the children going to school will have to be submitted by July 1st every year.
- A certified example of the death of a child’s parents must be provided.
- If the mother of the child is remarried and the child will stay with the mother, then assistance will be stopped.
- A sample of the application can be downloaded free from the account’s website https://sje.gujarat.gov.in/dsd or from the nearest Children’s Home / District Social Security Officer’s Office / District Child Protection Officer’s Office. Assistance will be available from the month of the application upon approval of the application.
- The implementation of the scheme has to be done at the district level by the superintendent of the district’s children’s home. In the district where the Children’s Home is not functioning, the District Child Protection Unit will have to accept the form of the scheme and further action will be taken. And the responsibility of payment will be with the District Social Security Officer.
- Sponsorship and Approval Committee (SFCAC) at each district level will have to review the recommendations and order the eligible foster parents to pay for assistance.
- Children who are availing any other schemes of the same state or center will not be eligible for this scheme.
- This amount will be paid to the account payee check through direct payment (DBT) method in the beneficiary’s account. The beneficiary of such foster parents or a close relative, ie the beneficiary, has to open a joint name account with the child’s name in the bank/post office.
- Application for incomplete details will not be considered.