Last Updated on by Anand Raj
Arunachal Pradesh re-opened its doors for tourists on Thursday, 15th October 2020. On the occasion, the state’s CM Pema Khandu tweeted, “Arunachal Pradesh opens today to welcome tourists. Get mesmerized by its beauty and rejuvenated by the purity of its nature. Those who dreamt- it’s time to explore…! Tourists visiting Arunachal Pradesh are requested to follow the new normal SOP”.
Pema Khandu has also requested all the tourists coming to the state to follow the ‘new normal’ Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs).
The ‘new normal’ Standard Operating Procedure to be followed:
All tourists including drivers and guides of the tour from outside the state should adhere to the Covid-19 inter-state traveler testing order declared by the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Only pre-booked package tours, particularly through local tour operators of the state will be permitted to operate.
- All tourist transport and ground handling services, including pick up/drop, will be through authorized local travel agents/tour operators.
- Tourists should wear a protective face mask while visiting any tourist destination. Using the Aarogya Setu app is mandatory for tourists, tour guides, and drivers.
- All payments should be done through digital modes, wherever possible. Tourists should strictly observe social distancing norms while maintaining a physical distance of two meters per person.
- Family groups can stay together if they ensure that they are at least two meters away from other individuals or family groups.
- Protocol for local tour operators (as per a government notification): All tourists should possess a valid Covid-19 negative certificate (RT-PCR or TrueNAT test) from ICMR designated laboratory/facility, not more than 72 hours before the date of arrival.